I can never get tired of this:
This may not look appealing because of the dark colour but I assure you it's delicious! It's one of my favourite dishes. It's quite easy to make, so why don't you give it a try & see if you like it too? Here's the recipe from my mum :
Serving for 1-2 persons
- 6 Chicken Wings (you can use other chicken parts if you like)
- Oyster Sauce (1 - 1.5 teaspoon)
- Dark Soya Sauce (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sugar (1/3 teaspoon)
- Sesame Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Ginger (a few slices)
- Chinese Wine - "Hua Diao" (1 teaspoon)
- Water (1/3 cup)
- Black Fungus (a few pieces; soaked in water to soften them first)
- Mushroom (a few pieces)
- Chilli Padi (1 piece - Optional to you but a must for me)
(1) Add sesame oil & ginger. Stir-fry.
(2) Add chicken wings, black fungus, mushrooms & chilli padi. Stir-fry till fragrant.
(3) Add dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, Chinese wine & water. Stir to mix well.
(4) Cover frying pan & simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
(5) Stir the chicken wings one last time to mix them well.
(6) Turn off fire & serve with rice.
- ► 2010 (34)